Thursday, February 5, 2009

PR 2.0, The New Challenge


Have you heard about PR 2.0 before ? Well, if you have, welcome to the club!

Actually, I'm very interested with this new stuff when first I found it, indeed in my college (currently,I get my communication master in Universitas Indonesia Jakarta) I never find about this before. poor right ?

Different with previous edition PR, let's called PR 1.0, this new PR 2.0 is more complicated. PR 2.0 facing more challenging target in helping the PR professionals make their branding successful. The hot target is social networks media, which completed all through internet. PR 2.0 doesn't too concern about media relations because media as middleman through customer was not too powerful anymore.

As Corporate Communication Head in Mensa Group, a holding respectable health care business company in Indonesia, I change my PR Strategic Planning for this year by start focusing to maintain works scope in PR 2.0 way. Off course, it takes more time to plan what exactly will my team build to make the vision accomplished. But, giant step will never happen without small steps right? So, I make some movements, such as :

1. helping people with sending attractive news archives which already designed and added by our brand
2. entering social networks communities such as facebook, friendster, blogger, etc also often visiting media online
3. creating the blog competition next

Actually, there are so many more examples of how the strategic PR has changed and thus, so should our approach and method of communications. Any recommendations, what are your best examples to my team who is reluctant to change?

No comments:

Post a Comment